This game is Snap 20 – the harder version.
1. Shuffle and distribute the whole deck of cards to each player.
2. Each player gets the same number of cards.
3. With bigger numbers on the cards, we can set our target number to be a bigger number. This time we set our target to 50.
4. We take turns to flip the card over and add the number we have on our card to the previous sum.
5. we keep drawing and adding our cards until the sum is 50 or more.
6. Once we hit or over the target number, we start subtracting
7. Whoever gets the difference 0 or less, wins the game.
13. If your child hasn’t learned about negative numbers, it’s a good chance to discuss what’s going to be below 0 and explore negative numbers.
FREE DOWNLOAD Halloween Edition Math Cards:
Math Skills: Addition (Grade 1 -3 )
1. Distribute the whole deck of cards evenly to each player.
2. Set a target number, e.g. 20.
3. Put the cards face down.
4. Take turns to flip over the cards.
5. Each time we flip over, we add the number of our card to the previous sum
6. Whoever get the sum of 20, wins the game.
7. If the sum is over 20, use the number to minus 20, continue with the difference.
8. Repeat the steps until someone gets the sum of 20.
Download Math Cards by subscribing to Mentorhood Math newsletter here:
Math Skills: Combination of numbers / Addition
1. Shuffle the cards and give each person 2 cards.
2. set a target number, let say 10.
3. Flip over the cards at the same time
4. Check if anyone has 2 cards that make 10
5. If no one has a combination of 10, each person draw another card
6. Replace one card with the new card.
5. The person who gets a combination of 10 wins the game
Comment below and let me know what skills do you want to practice with your child!